Sunday 15 March 2009

Twinkle's Weekend Knits

Name of Book:Twinkle's Weekend Knits: 20 Fast Designs for Fun Getaways
US Link

Author: Wenlan Chia
Any other info: Potter Craft, 2008, ISBN: 9780307346131

Types of patterns: Jumpers, scarves, hats, tops, shawls, hanger covers, I-pod cover, has some colourwork, cables & lace

Number of Patterns: 20

Split of patterns: Women’s, some of the scarves are unisex, the i-pod cover has no gender

Size Range: xs-l; i.e. 31” - 42”

Colour/Black & White: Colour photos, how-to drawn in black & White; charts black and white

Schematics: Yes, for EVERYTHING, including scarves and i-pod cover

Target Audience: Beginner, some stuff that I would class as almost for intermediate but more beginner looking to stretch themselves. Aimed at a younger person than me, i.e. 20’s and skinnier too! (how to make me feel old!!)

How to knit guide: Just a guide to the more complicated stuff, no how to cast on or simple cast-offs here.

Experimental/Classical/Modern - I’d rate this one an modern

Comments This isn’t a book for me. I’m not a small lass and the only pattern that uses below 8mm needles is the i-pod cosy. None of them really sang out to me or made me want to knit them, this is not to say that there aren’t good or interesting patterns in this, it and me just aren’t going to have a future relationship. The one pattern that almost tempted me is the Riverbed Shawl and the Urchin hat isn’t significantly differnt to others around. The Cloudburst Cardigan has potential but not for me.

Buy/Borrow Borrow, if it appeals to you there is potential there for some pretty quick knits.

Where found: Coming soon to a Dublin City Public Library near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment